Thursday, July 15, 2010

Quick Spaz Update!

On the way home from my GRE study group last night my mom called me. Normally, answering the phone does not cause bodily injury. However, when you slide your phone open and your rectangular wooden cell phone charm hits your eyeball with some force it does. So. Painful.

Me: Mom, hold on a sec.
~holds phone against stomach to muffle swearing~ F*CK OUCH GAH!!!!!!!!!! ~carefully return phone to face~
Me: Sorry, I'm back.
Mom: What happened?
Me: Somehow I managed to whack myself in the eyeball with my cellphone charm when I answered the phone.
Mom: ~Laughs~
Me: It really hurts! ~laughs too~

Further irony: the charm is something I bought at a Buddhist temple in China. It means happiness. Somehow, having it poke my eyeball was not how I envisioned that manifesting. Go figure.

2 comments:

Josh said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! that's what you get for having a cell phone charm!

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said...

That is freakin adorable!