Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Spaz Attack: Losing the Car

Last night Salsa Boy went out in the evening while I opted to stay at home. This morning at 8am, I went to the parking lot behind our building (which is fairly small) and realized that the car wasn't in sight. I walked to the other side of the building and it wasn't there either. At this point I started to panic because what if a friend drove him home last night and what if I have to call a cab to take me to work? So I dashed back up the three flights of stairs (miraculously in heels, without hurting myself) and burst into the apartment to demand where the car was.

Me: SALSA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~hears shower noises~
Me: SALSA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salsa Boy: AH! What?! What's wrong?!
Me: WHERE THE F*CK IS THE CAR?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salsa Boy: (~looking sheepish and apologetic~) I'm so sorry! There were no spaces! It's in the parking lot behind building X.
Me: WHERE?????
Salsa Boy: Calm down. ~Gives directions~
Me: GAH! Why didn't you tell me this earlier?????????????

Anyways, so I finally found the car, got in, started it...and realized that I couldn't see out of the windshield. That's  right, it was 31 degrees and I had frost on my windshield. Salsa Boy does not have an ice scraper though he does have that defroster function. However, I didn't know how to leave the car on while the clutch isn't in so it could defrost itself while I scraped....with a piece of cardboard from the backseat. While recounting this story to my mom she pointed that if I put the car in neutral and pulled up the parking break it would work. ~head desk~

I managed to make it to work with 2 minutes to spare and everything was okay. Unless you count the fact that 2 major lights were out on my drive home making the lovely busy intersection treacherous as hell. Also, my break light went on.

I really miss walking to work. Driving is stressful.

No comments: