Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Swirling, Whirling Mind

Sometimes, I feel like I'm thinking about too much at once. It's as if there are so many thoughts and ideas jumbled together, sprinting forward that all I get is a vaguely nauseous feeling in my brain that my stomach starts to mimic. Maybe this is why my dreams are always so strange and complex, it's just my brain slowing down and processing all of the crazy things I've been thinking about or trying not to think about all day long.

On a completely different note, I just gave my very first verbal level test. It was a disaster. My supervisor gave me a 5 second notice and then stuck me in a room with an 8 year old. I have never given a level test. What was established is that someone should have told me what to do also that the boy can't really read. Voila. I felt completely incompetant. It wasn't entirely my fault but why don't we have a manual on this sort of thing?

I am still taking entirely too much sudafed and drinking entirely too much coffee but I am starting to feel better and my coughs don't sound quite as scary anymore.

1 comment:

Josh said...

kiddo, it sounds like you need to rest up, drink tea instead of coffee (black tea actually has more caffeine than coffee... supposedly.), and perhaps find out from your boss/coworkers what is expected of you such that it won't happen again (ask for what things could happen randomly at short notice).