Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The 200th Post

This seems like a huge landmark number. 200. That's pretty big. Then I realize I've been blogging for over a year and it seems much less significant.

There are days when I love my job. Desk warming is really not a travesty. I can leisurely work on lesson plans, drink coffee to my hearts content and get caught up on everything I have to do online (and a billion things I didn't have to do). Today is not one of those days.

I went to bed with a building pressure behind my eyes. Thinking I was just overly tired, I went to bed and thought nothing more of it. It's worse this morning and the advil and coffee aren't helping. I have no idea if I have a migraine building or my body is rebelling against staring at a computer screen for 8 hours a day for the 4th day in a row. They are doing construction in the teachers room...and it's officially evolved into a shoot myself sort of day. Every pull of the saw is echoing inside my skull and bouncing off the backs of my eyes. The boiling of the water heater has somehow morphed into a cavernous drum roll as teachers make their never ending cups of coffee. Every Korean word is being belted at performance levels through my ear drums. I've only been at work for 34 minutes. This does not promise to be a very good day.

Band practice just started up down the hall. Please kill me now.

Happy 200th post to me!

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

Oh sorry, sweetie. I hope that the advil kicks in.

Alex said...

I think it's starting to...at least I'm no longer feeling quite so homicidal toward everyone making the slightest bit of noise.