Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Big Blue Bertha Arrives in Texas!

For Memorial Day weekend my dad drove 3 days and thousands of miles to visit me...and bring me Bertha, my gorgeous blue pick-up truck! Obviously, I have the best Dad in the whole wide world. I might be a little biased but he's pretty fabulous on any sort of Dad rating scale. I was determined to show him a good time in Austin and since my mom wasn't here and demanded photographic vicarious fun, I even got documentation!

We went to the history of Texas museum. Which is fun if you are a history buff like my Dad but not my favorite museum in Austin. They did have some interesting historical artifacts, like one of the original computer consoles from the Houston space control center. I was most amused by the gigantic Texas star outside...complete with birthday hat. It's a little washed out but considering I was using an iphone camera in the bright Texan sunlight it turned out alright.
Those stars are everywhere. Texans and their Lone Star are kind of ridiculous.

Then we hiked up to Mount Bonnel to see the Austin skyline and Town Lake. Of course, by hike I mean walk up 5 minutes of stairs. However, when the temperature hovers around 98 degrees it feels like you put forth quite a bit of effort. I would perhaps recommend this walk in a different season, for instance hot instead of hotter or hottest. Notice how my Dad is wearing long sleeves? He didn't even roll them up once.

That night I took him to gorge on real Texan barbecue at Salt Lick. Really, really amazingly good artery clogging meat. Ironically, I could eat their mashed potatoes but not their beans. Who makes beans with milk and mashed potatoes without it???

Spaz Attack, the Emma Edition: I had stripped the couch to wash the covers for my Dad's visit. I wasn't sure if they were dryer friendly or not, so I laid them out around the apartment to dry, 2 of which ended up draped over Emma's dog crate. Emma, being denied her normal comfy couch corner decided that the blanked spot on top of her crate would be a great spot to curl up. Which it was, for about half a second before it caved in and startled the crap out of her. Oh Emma, obviously we were a match made in heaven.

2 comments:

123 said...


HDXGW discount red bottom shoes is the red shoes of each Chinese characters initials,red shoes is womans symbol,is the direct source of women a sense of superiority.Red soled shoes brand in China mainland, the majority of Chinese women wear red shoes,be immersed in a feeling of comfort,show unprecedented confidence red on the bottom of shoes and sexy.The acclaimed French womens cast Christian Louboutn Christian Louboutin sued the aforementioned acclaimed affluence cast Yves Saint Laurent, claiming that this allegorical cast brand infringement,the assembly of Louboutin apparent the red shoes but YSL agent said red cannot be red bottoms shoes for cheap admired as Louboutin patents. Use red as the sole blush is in fact actual accepted practice!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.