Friday, October 2, 2009

Bitter and Bitching

For the most part, if I could change anything about my past, I wouldn't. Everything is cumulative and part of who I am today. Bad experiences helped me grow and all of that cliched nonsense. However, I will admit that if I could stop myself from doing that route rock climbing without getting an additional crash pad I would have. Today was the first morning in NY where it was chilly enough to warrant the heat being on. My ankles, instead of hurting after I walked around a bit started off achy before I got out of bed. A hot bath to warm them up didn't help. Two extra strength Tylenol didn't help. Driving to the bank to deposit a check for my Dad actually brought tears to my eyes I was in so much pain from the pressure of pushing the gas pedal.

I hate being grumpy and short tempered because I am in so much pain. I am tired of whining about being in pain. I am tired of being in pain. Right now I'm supposed to be doing physical therapy and acupuncture but because I don't have health insurance in NY the best I can do is stay off of my feet as much as possible. The cost of 1 week of the sort of treatment that I need without insurance would almost completely wipe out my savings. In Korea, it would cost me 20 bucks for everything. Actually it would cost less if I didn't go to my fancy English speaking doctors.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

2 comments:

Josh said...

Sorry you're hurtin' so much little sis! We K$%@ens sure do have a tendency to learn things the hard way..... no free (or uber-cheap) health care blows...

Alex said...

Awww thanks Josh.